odoo Configurator Calculator Module
If your goal is to generate a product within a lot of different attributes and attribute values, the odoo standard provides the functionality of variant products. The combination of every attribute and attribute value generates a huge amount of variant products. But mostly you don’t need every combination, probably only a few of them – and not desired are combinations that do not fit at all.
This concept means too, that you would have to maintain prices and every single product information on each variant product. Once your customer has chosen a specific variant product in the shop putting it into the basket, you will have exactly one variant product in the sale order line in sales quotation of your odoo backend. The consequence is deplorable: if your product is a combination of different sub-products, you cannot use warehouse, analytic account and so much more features odoo would provide on a single product.
Configuration logic is separate from product information or sale in an e-commerce shop. The configure-to-order process in e-commerce (shop with basket) is not the same as the engineer-to-order processes and it seldom quotes the best solution for customers. Customers are confused by the number of choices.
odoo configurator-calculator supports the sales process with single product price, grouped subtotals with product descriptions and for all that it generates backend outputs such as warehouse an purchase entries (e.g. MTO), routings, accounting and analytic accounting entries. Configurator-calculator module is the solution into odoo to configure complex fitting combination of products, price and variant products in minutes.
This video shows the complete functionality of odoo configurator-calculator module:
Main Advantages of the Configurator-Calculator Module
The configurator-calculator module provides you a very lot of advantages. Not only technical ones as less variant products and only fitting ones. This module enables marketing strategies, you can’t realize whit your odoo online shop.
The configurator-calculator module is based on the shop-functionality and uses the basket. But: You do not have to generate a huge amount of variant products for the reason of having all combinations of every attribute and attribute value. You can adjust the configurator-calculator settings in a way your customers can configure only fitting product variants. And you can use groups of products and variant products within a subtotal. That means, that your customer sees only title, description and a subtotal – and not every single product or every single price. Within this method, you can also calculate hidden costs.
The Configurator-Calculator Module at a Glance
- managing the interdependencies between different variables, settings for fitting products
- Classic configurator and calculator feature with different products (or product variants) to configure. But in place of a variant product (which normally combines all attributes), you will find every single product or product variant as sale order line in the quotation of your odoo sales backend. This reduces the amount of variant products drastic.
- configurator-calculator module allows only fitting or adequate products or product variants (e.g. components that do not fit with other components cannot be selected)
- product bundles and combined products, configurator displays only the set price
- products without single price, configurator-calculator module hides the product price
- combination of product bundles and products with hidden price, configurator displays subtotal of the configurator bundle (based on variant products)
- hidden extras
- combination of the configurator-calculator and the normal shop products (the result of the configurator-calculator module plus any further published product in your shop)
- invoice on basket for customer with subtotals and invoice on sales order within all sale-order-lines
- prices and discounts can be set based on customer and or product price lists
- a product or variant product can be set to be visible only in configurator-calculator, and it is not available as a shop product
- a product or variant product can be available in both: shop an configurator-calculator
- page for a specific configurator-calculator with different tabs
- tab for a product within all or only fitting variant products
- different tab templates (horizontal and vertical)
- different variant selector display-templates (list, checkbox, radio button e.g.)
- product configurators
- product calculators
- mixed order in the shop basket: configured products and shop products
Applications and advantages
- sales support: provide knowledge to offer the right product at the right price
- sales representatives: guided selling for complex products
- sales analytic: more transparency and comparsion
- finance analytic: better control of your margins
- administration: reduced sales and configuration operations
- marketing: increasing profitability
- customer support: requirements match the solution of optimal product configuration
- competitive advantage: quicker delivering of complex products and combinations
Better control of your margins and increasing profitability
It does not matter, how many products you sell or how complex the combinations are, the odoo configurator-calculator module guides your sales, sales representations and customers to the right product configuration. It handles even complex products and pricing structures. Your sales representatives can be confident they are offering the right products at the right price. That means shorter sales cycles, higher win rates and more satisfied customers.
A configurator, also known as choice board, in a technical sense addressing a software tool to guide a user through a configuration process. Configurators are employed in B2B as well as in B2C markets. B2B configurators are often used to support sales and enhance production efficiency. B2C configurators allow customers to "design" their desired products. According to usage, a configurator provides different advantages:
- Worldwide access to product information
- better and faster ordering process without errors
- less overproduction cause of analysing use of configurator (customer requirements)
- saving distribution costs
- Quicker reaction to customer requirements
- Shopping experience, Configurator can be saved and adjusted to specific benefits
- Better knowledge of customers' needs
- Individuality (customer specific benefits)
- customer loyalty and customer tie
Find the right product variant or product combination fast and secure
odoo configurator-calculator supports your customers to find the accurate product combination or variant product.
Your customer is an expert for his own requirements. With odoo Configurator-Calculator it is possible, to find even complex product combinations, because you have the possibility in settings, to put only fitting products into the configurator. So you can support your customers to find the adequate product combination easy and fast.
Success in marketing and distribution
Customer requests are individual, not only in B2C markets – also in B2B. The ability to quickly respond to specific customer requirements offer is vital to your success. Managing the interdependencies between different variables is a key feature of odoo configurator-calculator.
Therefore you have to know to put the right settings for fitting products that the desired product for the customer can be selected. With odoo configurator-calculator it is simpler for your team to configure and design complex products. odoo configurator-calculator supports both: the sales and the order process as well. Its settings allow a powerful, based on constraints configurator-calculator for even complicated products.
Within the usage of a configurator, you get information about changing customer behaviours and market trends.
Monitoring and analyses
- analyse customer needs and translate them it into optimal products, services and pricing
- analyse customer requirements and generate winning proposals
- analyse overcome lengthy rules from legacy systems and convert it to lean solutions and easily-managed constraints