Odoo v12 features
Odoo Experience 2018
The Expected features in Odoo 12 Community and Enterprise are;
1. Document Management System
2. New field in Users form view to identify whether User is Internal user or External user
3. Drag and Drop attachments in Log
4. Support of paid time accrual
5. Moderation for discuss channel
6. New payment acquirers- Eg Alipay
7. Import Product Images from URL : Import product image via URL
8. Keyboard Shortcuts
9. Menus are keyboard accessible
10. Drag and drop fields using Odoo studio
11. New Report Designer
12. Two new views: cohert and dashboard
13. Odoo Chat Bot
14. Time range and days filter, Comparisons in Graph View
15. New report type: qweb-text
16. Right to left support, eg for Arabic language
17. New Configuration bars
18. Customers can pay with their mobile banking app using SEPA QR codes!
19. Reconciliation Improvements
20. New Activity View
21. Visual representation of routes
22. Two Administrators: System/Odoobot and Administrator
23. New flexible date filters allow you to group any date field of any document by day, week, month, quarter, and year.
24. Many improvements to Odoo Subscriptions: more payment flows, clean automatic emails, automatic alerts, ratings, historical snapshots, KPIs
25. Accessing a fields Date or fields DateTime value will no longer return a string with the representation of the date but a native python date(time) object.
26. Easily share the tokenized public link of any portal document to anyone.
27. New feature is added at framework level by adding multiple buttons in the one2many line
28. Create multiple records at a time: create_multi
29. Images from Unsplash
30. Faster data entry with pictures of expenses or bills on the side of their corresponding document.
31. Multi-filter and multi-group financial reports in columns according to any field:
32. Automatically synchronize your currency exchange rates regularly with a new provider: https://twitter.com/fheodoo/status/1010287330979033089
33. Detached chatter allows to quickly communicate on business documents without opening them: https://twitter.com/i/status/1013990561353617408
34. Interactive calendar notifications and reminders pop up wherever you are in the system
35 Push and Pull Rules have been merged:
36. Page break in financial reports and in core QWeb:
37. Filter panel, view switcher, and better screen management on mobile.
38. Complete end-to-end marketing ROI tracking with UTMs on emails, website, leads, opportunities, quotations, sale orders, invoices, and their respective reports.
39. Scheduling calendar-based activities is faster than ever:
Here highlighting some of the features which will be seen in Odoo version 12.
1. Document Management module is newly module introduced in Odoo 12 to share document amongst your team.
2. Odoo 12 also comes with a new IoT (Internet of Things) module to help your business manage your IoT devices.
3. Multi-Website Support
This improvement will allow users to manage multi-website and allowing configuration of as many websites as they want and can also choose a different theme for each website.
4. New Payment Acquirer method is introduced in Odoo 12 – Alipay.
5. Odoo Studio
Functional people can edit and style reports using the Odoo studio and easier than ever.
6. Many improvements to Odoo Subscriptions: more payment flows, clean automatic emails, automatic alerts, ratings, historical snapshots, KPIs.
7. Add some steps in your manufacturing process in just one click! Define if you need to pick the components before starting the production or if you want an additional step to store the finished products after the production.
8. Inventory Module
New and advanced graphical view of all inventory operations.
9. Expenses Module
Faster data entry with pictures of expenses or bills on the side of their corresponding document.
10. Odoo Leave Management
Support of Paid-Time-Off accrual (vacation, sick, etc…) in Odoo Leave management:
- Leaves in days, half days, or hours
- Set accrual limits
- Allow negative
- Double validation (manager + HR)
- Auto timesheet generation in a PTO project.
11. You can now require both an online signature and a payment in order to confirm a quotation.
12. New flexible date filters allow you to group any date field of any document by day, week, month, quarter, and year.
13. Import images in mass directly with their URL. No more one by one, no more scripts, no more base64 conversion.
14. Complete end-to-end marketing ROI tracking with UTMs on emails, website, leads, opportunities, quotations, sale orders, invoices, and their respective reports.
15. If you have old invoices that were never reconciled with any bank statement, Odoo 12 will have a solution to unclutter your statement reconciliation screen.
16. Get things done easily with the new Activity view! Navigate quickly through calls, emails, meetings, and reminders you planned for yourself. Available on all objects for maximum integration.